CPVLab Discount: Save $50!
  #1  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Testing and scaling

Hey all -

From everything I've read, everyone says to test first and then if you do well with your tests, scale up. Has everyone pretty much been successful with their campaigns when scaling up? Or has your testing ever been wrong and when you've scaled up you've not been as profitable as your testing indicated?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

if i may add a question.

what is the most optimum numbers of keywords for the final campaign?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
CPVDen Co-Owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 804
Thanks: 41
Thanked 160 Times in 70 Posts
Default

There is no real answer for that! Some campaigns i have only one keyword and others I have thousands. It all depends on the campaign.
__________________
$$$ $10 Off/Month For Life At Aff Playbook :: EXCLUSIVE to CPV Den $$$
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denmaster For This Useful Post:
breakdance (04-18-2011), davidsamra (02-24-2011)
  #4  
Old 02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 280
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Coop Send a message via Skype™ to Coop
Default

I agree it totally depends on the campaign itself.

Some campaigns are more prone to being able to scale and some are just consistent, small earners. Nothing wrong with having campaigns that are consistent but only make you a few bucks a day.

Profit is profit, and as long as it doesn't take any of your time to manage - take it!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coop For This Useful Post:
breakdance (04-18-2011), davidsamra (02-24-2011)
  #5  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Coop View Post
I agree it totally depends on the campaign itself.

Some campaigns are more prone to being able to scale and some are just consistent, small earners. Nothing wrong with having campaigns that are consistent but only make you a few bucks a day.

Profit is profit, and as long as it doesn't take any of your time to manage - take it!
In that case, how would you pick out those campaigns that would work on just a smaller scale? I mean, if your testing indicates it's a money maker and you scale it up and it turns out not to make as much money when you go bigger, do you just scale back and collect that smaller revenue? Hope that sounds coherent.

Last edited by davidsamra; 02-24-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by denmaster View Post
There is no real answer for that! Some campaigns i have only one keyword and others I have thousands. It all depends on the campaign.
just need some clarification. is that applicable for urls?
for the time being i'm targeting urls rather than kw. it seems that the no of views is bit low.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 10
Thanks: 7
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Azman Yunan View Post
just need some clarification. is that applicable for urls?
for the time being i'm targeting urls rather than kw. it seems that the no of views is bit low.
Pretty sure hes talking about both keywords and urls. Theres no exact number of urls that will be profitable with a campaign. There are way to many random variables to even guesstimate the amount.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0