CPVLab Discount: Save $50!

Go Back   CPV Den Forum - Free PPV Training and Tools > Getting Started > Newbie Questions & Answers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TrafficplusConversion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
Default LeadImpact Question - Can I bid on a URL only when it displays particular keywords?

Hey,

I just signed up with leadimpact, still getting myself oriented. When it comes to the adding keywords part, you basically have to enter your keywords, phrases, and urls on separate lines. I assume there's more to it then that, but that's all I understand at the moment.

I was wondering if there is a way to target things further? For example, if I only want my ad to show when a particular URL contains a particular keyword, is this possible?

If not, I was trying to figure out how I could target checkout pages/shopping carts, with specific items in it. E.g. I have an offer for widget A, and I only want it to appear on walmart.com when the user is about to checkout/is checking out and he has widge A in his shopping cart. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2011, 01:30 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
Default

Another question: how does rank affect traffic with PPV bidding? With PPC, rank obviously affects traffic due to positioning in the SERP, but with PPV if you're ranked say, 6th for a target URL, what does this actually mean when only 1 ad is displayed at a time?

Does it simply indicate that a greater proportion of the traffic will be distributed to the higher ranks who are paying higher bid prices, or are there other differences? Is there any way to estimate how much traffic you would get based on your rank, or is it just something you figure out with testing and experience?

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by magicink View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to target things further? For example, if I only want my ad to show when a particular URL contains a particular keyword, is this possible?
You can try targeting /keyword/ so it pops up when someone is on a website with a subdirectory of blah.com/keyword/

Originally Posted by magicink View Post
If not, I was trying to figure out how I could target checkout pages/shopping carts, with specific items in it. E.g. I have an offer for widget A, and I only want it to appear on walmart.com when the user is about to checkout/is checking out and he has widge A in his shopping cart. What's the best way to do this?
just target walmart.com/shoppingcart/checkout.php or whatever the URL is instead of just walmart.com - as far as a specific item in the shopping cart? It may be possible if the shopping cart URL for walmart changes and reflects having widget A in it. That may not be worth your time though since volume will likely be suuuuper low

Originally Posted by magicink View Post
Another question: how does rank affect traffic with PPV bidding? With PPC, rank obviously affects traffic due to positioning in the SERP, but with PPV if you're ranked say, 6th for a target URL, what does this actually mean when only 1 ad is displayed at a time?

Does it simply indicate that a greater proportion of the traffic will be distributed to the higher ranks who are paying higher bid prices, or are there other differences? Is there any way to estimate how much traffic you would get based on your rank, or is it just something you figure out with testing and experience?
The higher the rank, the more traffic. I think Lead Impact distributes their traffic 70% to the top bidder, and the other 30% to all the other bidders in descending order (rank 2 would get more traffic than 3)
breakdance likes this.
__________________
Sick of all the BS blogs out there?
Read TrafficplusConversion.com

Last edited by TrafficplusConversion; 01-24-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrafficplusConversion For This Useful Post:
breakdance (04-18-2011)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0