View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 05:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to nocturnal Send a message via MSN to nocturnal
Default TIP: Watch your host twice a day

Take a look at your traffic a few times daily. Last night I checked my stats and saw that I wasn't registering any clicks, so I went into my networks and I was receiving impressions. Uh oh, that's not good - paying for clicks I wasn't receiving. So, I tested a link and though my domain was up, mysql had decided to go on vacation and was down. I called Serverprovider, my host up, and Sami answered and said the database had a problem and that he'd reset it. I tested everything and all was well, the links resolved now. This morning when I woke up, I had the same problem. If I wouldn't of noticed that, it could of been an issue. Sami researched the issue and said that he found the underlying problem and thinks it's resolved. I'm hoping so. Anyways, I'm still a small fish so it didn't exactly break my bank, but I could imagine it doing so as you expanded. Sami mentioned that I should make to the move to dedicated hosting asap to avoid the database being strained by the multiple accounts on the shared hosting plan I'm on now, which makes sense. First, I gotta get some more of these campaigns going positive to pay for it.

Anyways, long story short, be sure to monitor your traffic carefully at all levels. In my case, I could log onto my tracking domain just fine, it was the database that was down and that was stopping my business.

Chad